Duties of Ombudsman
The Obscenity and Pornography Complaints Ombudsman was created by the
Utah Legislature to assist citizens and local government with their concerns
about obscenity and pornography in their communities.
Services for Citizens
- Provide information about laws on pornography and obscenity;
- Offer remedies to address obscenity and pornography in local communities;
- Provide resources to protect children from obscenity and pornography.
Services for Government Entities
- Advise local governments on ways to strengthen laws and ordinances;
- Assist local government in enforcing laws and ordinances;
- Arbitrate between citizens and businesses to resolve complaints.
How Citizen Complaints Will be Handled
If it appears the material may be a violation of the law, the complaint will be referred to the local
prosecutor to investigate and determine if charges should be filed.
If it appears the material does not violate the law, the Ombudsman will provide the citizen with
other options to address their concerns.
For more information, contact the Obscenity and Pornography Complaints Ombudsman, at (801) 538-9600 or by e-mail at email@example.com
The Utah Attorney General's Office exercises no control over the content of any other website.
We are not responsible for the views, accuracy, legality, copyright or trademark compliance of material on any other web site.