To provide a comfortable, neutral, child-friendly atmosphere for children to receive coordinated services during the child abuse investigative process.
- To provide a comfortable, child-friendly atmosphere for abused children to receive coordinated services during the investigative process.
- To decrease secondary trauma that may be caused by the criminal justice and child protection system.
- To minimize through coordinated efforts the number of times a child may be interviewed.
- To provide an atmosphere that is neutral and is conducive for professionals to conduct interviews and do their jobs.
- To encourage the prompt and efficient processing of cases by sharing information and improving coordination.
- To focus on what is in the best interests of the child by providing opportunities for service, protection and prosecution where appropriate.
- To coordinate children’s cases as needed for the benefit of the children.
- To track CJC cases to provide information and progress outcome.
- To ensure that every child who is alleged to have been physically or sexually abused receives an appropriate medical assessment.
- To raise community awareness.
- To provide training for professionals.
Children's Justice Center Program Brochure (PDF)